How to Prepare for Your PMP Exam application
By Sivaraj Dhanasekaran
Congratulations for deciding to take PMP Exam certification.
So What next?
- Look for a good Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) from your town who conduct Project Management Course which provides minimum 35 Project Management Education (PME) hours.
- Register for the course and complete the course to earn the 35 PMEs.
- Collect the course completion certification and safe-keep.
- Collect your 4,500 or 7,500 hrs of project management experience. Easiest way to do is look into your resume which contains your past project details. Ensure you are providing the accurate information. Remember your PMP exam application is prone to auditing.
- Register at www.pmi.org and start filling up the application form.
- Review and submit the application.
- PMI may take a few days for the review and send the confirmation to make payment.
- Make payment at www.pmi.org . During this process your application may be chosen for auditing. If you are chosen for auditing, follow the Audit instructions and proceed to next step.
- Visit http://www.prometric.com/PMI/default.htm to select your exam venue and schedule exam date.
Dhanasekaran, Sivaraj is a certified PMP and works as a Senior Project Manager in one of the leading MNC banks in Singapore. He has over 13 years IT experience and handled banking projects as well as managed production support team for complex Treasury applications for various MNC banks.
He loves to share his experience and knowledge gained as Project Manager and also providing guidance to people who wanted to obtain PMP certification. He runs a project management forum at www.sgpm.wordpress.com.