Key Responsibility Areas for Assistant Manager – Generalist HR
By Anshu Goyal
Assistant HR Manger is one of most important key who plays an very important role between manager and the internal customers, along with the basic decision making, recruiting, grievances handling, attrition control, maintaining databases etc. Following are the major key responsibility areas for Assistant Manager :
- To be responsible for implementing the assigned areas of responsibility within the HR function.
- To maintain the database and updates regularly.
- To generate reports based on database and updates.
- To clarify employees (internal customers) policies, procedures and processes.
- To assist in quality improvement initiatives of the areas of their work.
- To handle employee grievances (must) properly.
- To run the Performance Management Cycle is the key Responsibility Areas for Assistant Manager – Recruitment.
- To have/create liaison with the business to develop the manpower plan for the company.
- To coordinate and manage recruitment at various levels and finding ways to meet the ramp up plans for the organization.
- To give huge attention on campus hiring if doing mass recruitments.
- To take care of the on-boarding and induction for the new hires.
- To handle training (as and when required) Common Points for both Assistant Manager – Recruitment and Assistant Manager – Generalist HR Accountability & Authority Levels.
- To be accountable for delivery of expected assignments/results.
- To keep the department’s machinery well oiled and efficient.
- To take initiative for improving systems and processes.
- To take ownership for meeting the information needs of internal customers Decision Making.
- To take routine decisions that will further the cause of the department or function.
- To assume responsibility for problems brought to their notice until assigned to the appropriate problem owner. Internal & External Interface.
- Should have appropriate knowledge about benefits administrators (PF, Gratuity, Superannuation, Insurance, etc) or training consultants, recruitment consultants, etc.
- Should have extensive depth of Knowledge in contemporary HR practices and processes including performance and reward management.
- Should have excellent knowledge of the market conditions impacting HRM.
- Should have excellent people management skills.
- Should have skills in designing HR Systems and processes.
- Should have skills to control attrition and maintain retention.
- Should have excellent working knowledge of MS Office.