Project Management Office (PMO) Roles And Responsibilities
By Michael Wood
Below is a list of the typical responsibilities of the PMO.
- Maintain Repository: All Projects (Proposals, Work Plans, Status Reports, Changes)
- Provide Oversight: Insure Projects are Conducted in Compliance to Standards
- Drive the Project Update & Status Reporting Process
- Provide Portfolio Level Status Reports to Management
- Provide Guidance & Tools to PMs
- Conduct Post Project Reviews and Performance Score Cards
- Facilitate Improvements to the Project Conduct & Management Process
Michael Wood is the Subject Matter Expert on IT Strategy and Business Process Improvement for www.gantthead.com. His “Helix Factor” book series presents a comprehensive Business Process Improvement methodology that has been used successfully since the early 1980s to help organizations achieve breakthrough results. Michael is a CPA and has served as an adjunct professor for Pepperdine and Cal Lutheran universities in Southern California. In addition he has led workshops on Business Process Improvement, Strategic Planning and System Design on a national and international basis.