When you begin meeting with your project team, there are some foundational issues you must discuss to set the correct tone. These items set the proper roles, responsibilities, and expectations for each team member. If these issues are not addressed, some may unintentionally do their own thing and hurt the productivity of the team.
Issues To Discuss
- State the details of the project.
- Explain areas in which you are expecting direction and leadership from others.
- Explain how the project should look at completion.
- Point out major areas to analyze, brainstorm, and discuss.
- Explain all mandated dates, signoffs, and checkpoints.
- Set a time to create a code of conduct.
Dr. Keith Mathis, founder and CEO of The Mathis Group, specializes in Project Management, Management Leadership, and Marketing training for private businesses and government agencies of all kinds. He offers 33 Project Management courses, is a Project Management Professional, is certified by the Project Management Institute and will customize every training session to your individual company’s needs. The Mathis Group also sponsors www.pmexpertlive.com, which is a powerful project management resource with free reports, podcasts, videos, and a monthly newsletter. He also offers customized management training and coaching on any subject with prolific communication and professionalism.